Winter is here, it’s raining, and the thought of leaving the house in the cold just doesn't sit right with us.. Do you feel the same?
If so we have the perfect rainy day activity for you to do and we can guarantee your pup will definitely love you for it.
So go on, put your favourite music on loud, grab those measuring spoons out and let's get baking!
We were lucky enough to be given some of Scoop Dog’s amazing products to use for our doughnuts. Don’t just take our word for it, ask everyone who is anyone how good it is!
Now onto the recipe!
We made doughnuts, but this will work with any kind of cake moulds you have! So don't worry about rushing down to the store, be creative and make it any way you’d like!
What you need:
For the mixture:
1 ½ Cups of flour
½ Cup of Scoop Dog vanilla ice cream
1 scoop of Scoop Dog’s Goat milk powder
½ cup water
For the icing:
1 cup Scoop dog Hot Choccy
½ cup of water
(for the icing this is loose measurements, you can change it to fit how much icing you need but you just want to make sure it turns into a paste and not too watery)
- Preheat the oven to 190 Degrees
- Add the flour, Scoop Dog Vanilla Ice cream into a bowl and mix together.
- In another bowl add the Goats milk powder, ½ cup water and eggs and whisk until all the ingredients are mixed together
- Add the wet ingredients into the flour mixture slowly making sure you are stirring as you go.
- Once this is all mixed together, pour the mixture evenly into your mould and in the oven it goes
- Bake for 20 minutes, after 20 minutes take them out and flip them over and bake for another 5 minutes so both sides are nice and golden.
While these are cooking away in the oven, it's time to make the icing!
- Get yourself a small bowl
- Add 1 cup of Scoop Dog hot choccy into the bowl
- Slowly add in your ½ cup of water while mixing it together
(if you feel as though you need more Hot Choccy powder, more or less water, adjust measurements to what you need)
- Place icing into the fridge to cool down while you wait for the doughnuts to finish baking.
Once the doughnuts are complete, leave them to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, once cool grab your icing out of the fridge and away you go!
If you have a go at making these delicious doughnuts, share the finished result to your stories/posts and tag us on Instagram so we can see your creations! :)